MARCH DRAGON Charter Price Details
|Season Name||2 guests||3 guests||4 guests||5 guests||6 guests||7 guests||8 guests||9 guests||10 guests||11 guests||12 guests|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$15,000||$15,750||$16,500||$17,250||$18,000||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|Winter 2021 to 2022||$15,000||$15,750||$16,500||$17,250||$18,000||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0||$0|
Price TermsAll Inclusive
Price from: $15,000
High season rate: $18,000
Minimum charter length:
4 NIGHT MINIMUM
LESS THAN 7 NIGHT CHARTERS: For 6 nights divide by 7N X 6N. For less than 6 nights, divide by 6N X number of nights.
XMAS/NEW YEAR’S: 7 nights over Christmas $20,000 and New Year’s flat rate $23,500 for 2-6 guests. New Year’s charters must start December 27th or later.
Embarkation 12PM / Disembarkation 12PM
Additional Rate Details:
HALF-BOARD RATES: Discount of $150 per person
Includes: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches & 3 dinners. Requires 3 lunches and 4 dinners ashore at client expense. Also see Local Fare option below.
LOCAL FARE MEAL PLAN: Discount of $75 per person
Includes: 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches & 6 dinners. Requires 2 lunches and 1 dinner ashore at client expense
The rates include:
● Private Yacht & Service of the crew (captain, chef/mate)
● Insurance for the yacht and the passengers (civil liability)
● Accommodation in 3 private air-conditioned queen cabins with en suite bathroom
● Bedding, towels and beach towels
● Full board includes all meals served aboard (breakfast, lunch and dinner daily), full bar, and wine served nightly.
● Consumables for the yacht (diesel, fuel and water), mooring fees, customs and clearance fees.
● Water sports on board: snorkeling gear, stand-up paddleboard, kayak (2seats), floats, towable inflatables, fishing gear and tackles
The rates do not include:
● Cancellation Insurance and private insurance
● 4% Bahamian Taxes
● Extra drinks, fine wines, champagne & spirits, special meals orders
● Docking fees
● Transfer airport – base – airport
● Personal expenses
● Tip. It is customary to tip your crew at the end of your charter. The amount you leave is totally at your discretion and should be based on the level of service provided. The suggested gratuity is 15-20% of the total charter fee.
And more generally all that is not specified as included
One ways / Relocation in Caribbean: please consult us.
Additional details: Rate includes 12% VAT tax. Does not include the 4% Bahamian Foreign Tax. Broker commission is on the gross rate minus VAT tax.
MARCH DRAGON yacht charter price
|# of charter days||Base Price||Total||Note|
|14 day charter||30,000$ to 36,000$||30,000$ to 36,000$||Discounts outside the main season are common.|
|7 day charter||15,000$ to 18,000$||15,000$ to 18,000$||Standard charter rate, base for all calculations.|
|3 day charter||7,500$ to 9,000$||7,500$ to 9,000$||The usual formula is the 7 day charter rate divided by 6, times the number of days (3). Boat policy might differ. 15,000$ / 6 * 3 days = 7,500$|
All prices are generated by a calculator and serve as a guide for new charterers. Any additional information of the Price Details section has priority over above. Availability is always subject to confirmation. Gratuity not included for it's discretionary character, usually 5%-25% of the Base Price.
Fast Fire Ceramic Pizza Oven
Homemade Ice Cream Maker
Captain: Pieter Van Steenis
With over 30 years of experience, Pieter is the epitome of what we want in a captain for March Dragon! He is a highly skilled sailor and mechanic with experience in the best and worst of weather conditions. He has an adventurous, kind spirit and speaks English, Dutch, German and French. Our Captain is an avid kite surfer and is PADI scuba certified. Prior to being a private yacht captain, he was sailing and racing around the Northern parts of Europe, the Mediterranean, South Africa, Caribbean waters and has Atlantic crossings under his belt too. When asked what his main goal as a charter captain is, he answered “To ensure guests get from point A to B in a safe way, whilst focusing on an overall fun experience”. You are going to have an amazing time traveling with Pieter and he’s looking forward to tailoring a vacation plan with unique experiences for everyone on board!
Fun Fact: Pieter worked for Tesla in Europe and Australia for six years.
Born and raised in Cape Town, South Africa Janey's free spirited personality encouraged her to join the yachting industry as a Chef in 2018 and she instantly fell in love with it. Having previously worked in the hospitality and service industry in Cape Town at various events and restaurants, she quickly adapted to the yachting world. Coming from an extremely creative background studying fashion design, makeup artistry, and interior decorating, the art of plating beautiful delicious food fast became an love and true passion for her. Apart from chefing, Janey enjoys spending her time doing outdoor activities such as hiking, running, doing arts and crafts, and working on her travel photography. Her love for animals and her family gives her an extremely loving, caring and kind personality.
We had a wonderful week with two couples in April, and it literally could not have been better. The captain was extremely safety conscious, personable and an outstanding sailor. The chef delighted us with the variety and quality of cuisine we enjoyed, as well as her true heart for service excellence. Really wonderful to leave these things to such capable and thoughtful people.
And of course the Exuma surroundings were beyond description. Water like glass, healthy fish life, loads of fun activities.
This would be an outstanding choice for a couple, a couple of couples, a few couples or a family. Again, just book it.
To say this trip exceeded our expectations would be an understatement. I can't think of a more peaceful way to wake up than to be right on the water. Each day had a new adventure and there was truly an activity for everyone. I don't think any of us could have anticipated how truly beautiful everything would be.
That said, I think we would have had a great time regardless of where we were thanks to Janey and Fabrizio. Not only were they kind, helpful, and insightful, but they both are truly great human beings. We were all so sad to leave our time with them and my only fear in booking a future charter is that the crew will never match up to these two. I really can't say enough about both of them and the impact they had on our time there.
This will go down as one of my favorite trips we've ever taken and I can't wait to do it again!
To start, writing this review for The March Dragon Charter is honestly an understatement to its maximum. I don’t know if I can even rave about it enough because it deserves so much more praise than humanly possible.
It was so wonderful, I am going to have to break this up with every single possible facet that was meticulously planned for anyone to have the most perfect get away ♥️
Let’s start with the Crew
- Janey is the chef on board and let me tell you, this woman will feed you in all the right ways. Not only is she mindful of what you need the ENTIRE time from food to drinks to overall comfort, she is just so creative and welcoming to feedback and just eager to create the most all encompassing pampered experience you want during the charter. She caters to everything and is prepared beforehand with your preferences! I mean, how much better can it get? And I haven’t even gotten to the adventure part!!! Mouth watering Meals ranging from sea to land. Cocktails that will quench your thirst from all of the gasping you’ll be doing watching the horizon everyday from this magnificent catamaran.
She was always smiling and always present to make sure you couldn’t even feel like you had to look for something.
- Matt was the captain that made sure we got to experience everything our hearts desired. He was so kind and knowledgeable on all things sailing. For all of you who get a little scared of sailing, I wasn’t worried even the tiniest bit from the moment we all said hello. He made sure we got to do every single adventurous and relaxing thing we dreamt of before this trip. He navigated perfectly through all weather conditions and still made time to cater to anything else we would need on the boat! It’s like this two man crew didn’t sleep because we sure didn’t from all of the fun we were having!
For all of your curious minds on what this charter has to offer, here are some ♥️HIGHLIGHTS♥️
- We anchored in Highborn the first day and this two person crew welcomed us with flutes of champagne and their lovely personalities.
- We went to Saddle Cay to enjoy the endless blue waters near an abandoned pirate bar. We Basked in the sun and swam through the waters. The boat is fully stocked with games to play and water sports that will fulfill all of your daring needs. There is Tubing, Kymera Boards, paddle boards, and not to mention the goggles, flippers, wet suits, and so much more that were ready on the boat so you wouldn’t have to bring your own!
- We continued onto Waderick Wells Cay to see the skeleton of a large sperm whale and got educated on the importance of keeping our waters clean to avoid harming the ocean’s magnificent creatures ♥️
- Then it was off to Compass Cay to swim with nurse sharks! And what an unforgettable experience that was!
- We got to stargaze at night and my goodness, the sight was something more magical than I could have ever imagined
- They then took us to Big Major Cay to see the famous and adorable swimming pigs! They were so cute and just had babies!! We got to feed them and hang out with them next to those crystal clear waters and then it was off to Great Guana Cay for lunch on land at Lorraines. It had the most amazing deep fried conch that is a must try! Of course it was recommended by Janey so we knew it would be delicious.
- Our last adventure on the waters was to Thunderball Grotto which if you’re a James Bond fan, you’ll get to swim where some of it was filmed! The snorkels, flippers, and wet suits were all provided and we swam right into the caves. Talk about feeling like a real mermaid swimming with the beautiful fish all around us!
- Finally, we docked at Staniel Cay and spent our last night there. We had dinner at the Staniel Cay Yacht Club and there is a bar attached where we played pool, talked with the locals, had drinks, danced and just enjoyed the atmosphere that the island had to offer ♥️
Overall, this experience was just breath taking. It made me want to live my life on the waters! And not any charter can make you feel that way. March Dragon and it’s crew is definitely the most fantastic charter there is and you don’t want to miss your chance to book this with your friends and family♥️